Tuesday, July 21, 2009

You can have whatever you want...except a life!

"Alot of times in a relationship particularly with women who are associated with big, powerful men. The women believe that love is supposed to mean that I cut off my life so that it gives life to yours. Well, It doesn’t take cutting yours off to give life to his. He has a great life. He has a great woman. He has a great future and that future may include some things he doesn’t like but it’s not going to kill him. I guess you have to decide if his comfort is your goal or if what’s good for the both of you is your goal'

Is it worth it?

SG's I know we all have dreamed of the day that HE would come in and sweep us off our feet. You know who I'm talking about. Just your type, personality, his own place and his own car. The guy that when you look at him you can see your childrens face. Trips to "change the forecast", shopping sprees just because, God Fearing and belongs to a church already :) Wow! What a hot tamale and you can't wait to see the look on your fellow "Single Gals" or the married girls ...who in your mind settled just to be a Mrs. Let's not forget your nosey Tia's (Aunties) who remind you every family function that you are still single. Sex is amahhhhzzzinnng btw! ;) Just in case you were wondering.


But there is a catch?


He doesn't want you to work. To some this is the ideal situation but to most of us driven, fearless and smart "Single Gals" this is a red flag! We all have that friend that has that life or something like it and hear all the compliants they have. And you say well if I were in her Louboutins I would have nothing to complain about! Yes you would! So before you assume that the grass is greener sit back and think about how all your dreams and aspirations would need to be flushed down the toilet for Mr. Perfect! Not so perfect huh?


You need a man that wants to build your empire together. That doesn't want you to give up your life to live in his. Trust me "Single Gals" he is out there so know your worth and know what you deserve.


xx,

A

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT... I WOULD GIVE EVERYHING UP FOR MY DUDE REAL TALK IM OFF WORKING! I'VE ACCOMPLISHED ENOUGH THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post A! I agree with not giving up your life for his. If he wants to pamper me and suggest that I quit my job, then hey, by all means, but that's when US as women need to start thinking bout our futures, and decide what to do with all that free time in our hands, start ur own business, work from home, etc... Don't be manipulated to not have a life. No man owns u!

    ReplyDelete