Monday, July 20, 2009

Perfect Date...NOT!

Hey Single Gals,








I was working the door at a New York City hotspot. That life consist of dressing like a bitch and acting like one as well. Yes! No! Yea! Never! Then there he was...asking for the nearest parking lot. Well I'm in bitch mode...but he is cute so I give him directions. Then POOF! Out of sight out of mind...not TOTALLY. Soon the lost stranger finds his self at my ropes waiting for entry. That's when the butterflies started. I locked eyes with the stranger and I could see he was interested. {heart racing...holding my breath...BREATHE BITCH BREATHE} I let him in and up he goes. I put my amigas that are there partying on alert...watch him and report back! Back to work it is...Not tonight love! Hi honey come on in! No! NO! The life at the door ... consist of ruining alot of peoples night...I'm sorry.



Shift change now I go mingle. Meet up with my amigas and walk around toasting to the good life when I realize the lost stranger is a friend of a friend. Now he is even more interesting and not much of a stranger anymore...or atleast in my mind! Introductions are done and I can't stop smiling. Ladies you know that feeling! I had prior plans so I skate out...as I hit the door he stops me and request I join him at the next spot! Umm no...but my body is saying yes. So I def' know to say no. He takes my number and then I'm gone. Could it be love at first sight? Could it be I'm just single and looking for a beau so since he visually fits the profile I am giving him more than he deserves? We shall see....
Fast forward >> to 1st date. He picks me up:

Location: La Esquina

Outfit: Summer flowy short-dress with minimal jewelry and platform strappy sandels.

Hair: Loose curls.

Make-Up: Light. Bronzer, Mascara and Pouty Lips.


After dinner we take a walk around the NY streets. And the conversation is going great! Wow! This is a great first date I know this is going to work out. We have so much in common even though we come from 2 different worlds. Holding hands and getting compliments froms strangers how they can see the "Love" . Scorrree!! So we ride home all the while both of us smiling. He drops me off with a long, passionate and eye's closed kiss! I like to peek! Up the stairs I go and I call my girls (conference ofcourse) to dish about the MOST PERFECT AND RELAXING date ever! While on phone I recieve the best post-date text "You are a beautiful girl, I love your smile and I had a great time" .

Next day .... no call/no text...a week passes still NOTHING! Was I treating my dating life like my job? Only letting those in who appear to be worthy pass the velvet ropes, judging soley by their "cover" instead of their "content"? Should I had seen this from the beginning that I was setting myself up for failure? Have you ever had a night that you can't ever forget and nothing came of it? Is it my fault? Was I too confident? Was I too much?

No! It was his loss. I'm beautiful, sexy, smart and successful in my own right. I am looking for a man that can handle all of the above and the woman I am becoming. Still growing still looking for a Knight in shining armour. Sooo in the end dating is like the working the door Yes! No! No! No! Yes! Once you let someone in it may not work out how you thought it would be but you must look in the mirror and smile. He just wasn't the one! Because be honest we date because we are looking for the one :) Nothing wrong with that! And the Single Gal life continues...


xx,
A

5 comments:

  1. Cute A! I so hear your voice when reading. I can relate to the Great Date, no follow-up ish. In due time, for he will be mine... :)

    I'll be tuning in girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its dope how you took this. I woulda dug holes in my scalp scratchin my head so darn hard at this one! Men *smh*
    I love your positive twist tho:
    "Once you let someone in it may not work out how you thought it would be but you must look in the mirror and smile. He just wasn't the one".
    And thats just it! Men should step it up tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nina Thanks mami!

    @Violet That's what I was trying to do...make it feel like having a convo with a friend :)

    @Toy Yes Toy you gotta stay positive. That energy will attract the best! Oh girl yes you know I will address the BS they do as well! They are not getting off that easy!

    Thanks for tuning in Chicassss and ofcourse Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I've have been there time and again. In some cases of the disappearing act, the man has something going on (i.e. a sideline chick, a blanket chick(meaning a chick for security puroses..they will always be there), wife, or just out right balancing a roster of women)or maybe he was expecting to hit the sheets...whatever the case..you know what you want & know what page you are on..if he's not on that page when you meet him..chances are he's still trying to play in the sea to catch another fish...remember lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman...but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man ~unknown

    ReplyDelete